Monday, September 21, 2009

Suggested improvements for Match.com

This list is a work in progress...

-Scanned photos should not be allowed. If you don't have any acceptable digital photos of yourself...then your problems won't be solved on Match.com.
-No self portraits! That includes photos taken in mirrors, in sparsely furnished bedrooms, or any photo taken with your mobile phone's camera. And really, must you include pictures with your top off?
-Members should be grouped based on their attractiveness. I know this sounds harsh, but let's be honest here: many of the men who have reached out to me simply don't have a chance. I suggest some form of tiering (more like triage!!!) where you are not allowed to seek dates from members above your designated caste. (But by all means, aim lower.)
-All profiles are supposedly screened for content by the Match.com referees. How about screening for egregious spelling and grammar mistakes? Also, please include the spell check option in the Match.com email system.
-Include a translator....an honesty overlay, if you will. This would be used to translate what was written in one's profile to what the prospect actually means. Do you really like to travel...or is driving 2 hours to Giants stadium and tailgating all day your idea of a weekend getaway?
-Remove the "online now" feature. I don't want anyone to know I am looking at my account at 10 PM on a Saturday. (Really, I was just home b/c I was studying!)
-Drinking criteria: what if I drink more than socially but less than an alcoholic?
-Messed up teeth should be listed, just as smoker/non-smoker is. Invisalign should run ads down the side of the page.
-Age screens: this goes back to the beauty tiering/caste system. If I say I'm looking for someone between the ages of 30-39...please don't write me when you're 53, you look like you're 70, and your profile specifies you are seeking someone between the ages of 40-55. It just reeks of desperation.
-Speaking of age: don't put that you're looking for someone ages 20 to 49. Come on, be a little more discriminating than that. "I'll take anyone. ANYONE!!!!"
-What's the deal with all the teachers? You're all the same: moderately unattractive, teach social studies, and post pictures of yourself:
a. in exotic locales
b. as a groomsman in someone's wedding party
c. in groups of equally unattractive people, and NEVER with a drink in hand
You do, however, get extra credit because you can spell and abide by grammar rules.
-Body type: could you be any more vague, Match.com? Am I slender? Or about average? Am I athletic and toned? Does athletic and toned mean I'm beefy? Sissy told me she originally said "about average" and changed to "slender" and got a lot more hits. I noticed a lot of guys say "about average" and then I look at their pictures and think to myself "Hello, husky!"

To be continued...

1 comment:

  1. Most of the men in the Boston area looking for dates are engineers-we should do a geographical study.
    I think add to the list anyone without a photo should be excluded (I don't want my work friends to know I"m on here=my wife knows my password).
    I also think a feedback section should be added, as on eBay. I would include things such as "prompt" "photo was accurate", ect.

    ReplyDelete