Monday, September 21, 2009

September 31st

I was just on a call discussing the upcoming quarter-end and as I was speaking I looked at my desk calendar at the last day of the month: Thursday, September 31st.

Wait...September 31st?

I paused a moment and ran through the rhyme "30 days has September, April, June and November..."

Yes, there in a black-lined square of my glossy print corporate-issued calendar (which has most certainly been sent out to thousands of clients and prospects) was September 31st.

So next Thursday as you go about your ordinary lives on what I hope will be a sunny, warm Fall-like October 1st...I'll be stepping into the worm hole that is September 31st.

I'm excited for the prospects this bonus day holds, my own personal leap year. I should spend the day studying (I know, who else is sick of my complaining about that). Or maybe I'll take Offshore Dave up on his offer for a boat ride. Or maybe I'll start my Christmas shopping that day!

But the reality is October 1st coincidentally falls on the same day (Thursday) as September 31st...making next week an 8-day week. I would much rather have two Saturdays than a sixth weekday, but a bonus day is always good and I'm looking forward to the adventures the day holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment