Friday, December 10, 2010

McLovin

So I'm live on Match.com. I'm also extraordinarily busy at work so I've been neglecting my matches. And they have been noticing.

Email #1 from "iammclovin" -- get it, McLovin? Lame.
Does this mean I have to move to Conn?

I didn't respond (although my first instinct was to write back "No.") for a few reasons:
-His profile pic is a sketchy webcam photo.
-He's from Long Island. I have nothing against LI, but I do have something against commuting for love.
-His profile starts out with "sorry about the webcam photo but I work a full-time job."

Really? Guess what: I work a full time job and then some, yet I manage to have pictures of me taken by a human being. Because of my full-time-job-and-then-some situation, I never responded. I was too busy.

Two days later, McLovin takes another shot:
Looks like I don't have to rent a Uhaul

Nope, no you do not. But I'm still so swamped at my full-time-job-and-then-some that I don't respond. In fact, there was a solid week where I didn't log in to Match once. (Although I have the supreme pleasure of getting these messages forwarded to my iPhone.) I was too busy to care about my non-response, figuring he'd get the message.

So two days after that, imagine my surprise when McLovin reached out again:
Hey how many guys are willing to come from another state to see you?

Okay, McLovin, you crossed the line: you are officially creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment